Advocacy Advance Retreat
August 24, 2017
- Policy- Identifies existing barriers in adult education services
- Advocacy Campaigns and Events- organize grassroots campaigns to support policy changes
- Communications- responsible for raising awareness about existing campaigns through the media.
Action Alert: Holiday Cards
This month, we are spreading holiday cheer and educating our legislators through our holiday card campaign. Here are some other ideas for what could be written in your cards:
A sentence or two about the impact you have made over the last year on students or a compelling fact about adult literacy. The Communications subcommittee has put together a list of talking points, which can be found here. The Educate and Elevate Campaign also has a helpful fact sheet, which can be found here.
- Highlight something you have achieved through your adult education classes.
- One or two sentences about how your classes have impacted your family.
- Did you begin work? Discuss how your adult education classes have made that possible.