Membership of the Chicago Citywide Literacy Coalition is FREE and includes access to the Career Pathways Advisory and Advocacy Committees. Members are also eligible to apply for funding for small development projects managed by the Coalition (currently in health and technology). As a member, you will receive bi-monthly newsletters and real-time alerts and networking opportunities. To become a member, simply fill out the form here.
Benefits of Membership:
The benefits of joining the Coalition today include:
• Professional Development & Networking Opportunities: High quality, evidence based-trainings available from leading experts at no cost.
• Technical Assistance: The Coalition provides technical assistance to adult education organizations interested in adopting a Career Pathways framework. Members also receive content knowledge and expertise in the adult literacy field.
• Resources: The Coalition’s biweekly newsletter offers the field resources in the form of important training opportunities, advocacy updates, and information on relevant events. Additional resources include: a literacy blog, infographics, fact sheets, and the ChicagoVote Guide, which are created and distributed on an ongoing basis to help build provider capacity.
• Advocacy: The Coalition advocates on behalf of our members and raises awareness of adult education by creating advocacy and research materials, training providers and students, and convening stakeholders.
• Ability to apply for the Coalition’s Health Literacy and Adult Literacy Technology Integration Project (ALTIP) programs.